Have you ever ever appreciated a mattress a lot that you simply wished you can have a tiny one simply to relaxation your head on? Properly, that’s type of what the parents at Layla did. The Layla mattress and Layla pillow are comprised of almost the identical actual supplies, however one is constructed in your entire physique and one is constructed simply on your noggin. The Layla pillow is an enormous, all pure, fluffy sleep accent that, in line with its creators, lets you relaxation cooler, cleaner, and higher.
On this evaluate, I’ll be placing that declare to the check as I discover the Layla pillow from each angle. The solely method to actually know a pillow is to sleep with it in each place. This manner, we will discover out precisely the way it feels, how supportive it’s, and which sleepers may profit from it probably the most! In the event you don’t have time to learn the complete assessment simply click on right here to skip to the evaluate abstract!
WHAT’S THE LAYLA PILLOW MADE OF?
The cowl material of the Layla pillow is produced from ThermoGel infused stretch-knit cotton, which is identical cozy-cooling materials that covers the Layla Mattress. It’s constructed to be tremendous mushy, sturdy and funky to the contact. To not point out, there are copper fibers woven into the duvet material (which could sound loopy) however it truly helps to offer an anti-bacterial barrier between your pillow and every little thing else.
The copper fiber infusion additionally helps to dissipate your physique’s warmth which may be very useful to sleepers who heat up through the night time. And although science hasn’t precisely confirmed it but, the parents at Layla say, “It’s thought that the release of positive ions in copper fabrics promotes health and wellness, and athletes all over the world swear by the impact of copper on performance.”
Contained in the Layla pillow is a mix of reminiscence foam and a pure tree fiber referred to as Kapok. The Kapok is tremendous smooth and ethereal, whereas the reminiscence foam is extra dense and resilient. So, the mixture of the 2 supplies provides a pleasant stability between plush and supportive. Oh, and sleepers with allergic reactions may wish to know that Kapok is hypoallergenic, and the reminiscence foam is CertiPur-US® Licensed.
The Layla Pillow provides a medium-agency really feel and a lofty construct, designed to offer supportive strain aid on your neck and shoulders.
HOW DOES THE LAYLA PILLOW FEEL?
Layla gives one fashion of pillow in two totally different sizes: commonplace and king. The normal Layla pillow measures 18” x 24” x four” and the king measurement measures 18” x 32” x four”. So, whereas they each have the identical plushly supportive really feel, one is sort of a bit longer than the opposite.
As I discussed, the pillows are made out of gel infused reminiscence foam (which can also be featured in Layla’s mattresses), and has a stretchable high quality to it. In my expertise testing each the king and commonplace sizes, the pillow’s sluggish response to strain mixed with its potential to stretch allowed me to distribute the fill inside the cowl. This manner, I might type of personalize the loft. So, each pillows (particularly the king measurement) may be pulled and stretched in ways in which make them even longer than how they arrive.
The Layla pillow is about 5 inches tall, so it’s acquired a reasonably lofty construct. The fill has a gentle and plush really feel, however the pillow itself is sort of thick. To not point out, it weighs virtually 10 kilos! So, it finally ends up having this luxuriously comfortable but supportively contouring really feel to it — conforming to the strain of your head and neck but in addition permitting that good deep sink into the froth.
One thing enjoyable concerning the king measurement Layla pillow is that its size actually permits you to roll back and forth with loads of room to spare. In case you’re somebody who tosses and turns, you’d should roll fairly far to truly fall off the top of the king sized Layla pillow!
HOW DID YOU LIKE IT, SARAH?
After having slept on a Layla mattress, I sort of already had an inkling that I’d love the Layla pillow. And I wasn’t fallacious. Nevertheless, there have been a pair issues about this pillow that, to me, weren’t excellent.
This pillow actually did remind me of a softer, shapeable, miniature mattress particularly constructed on your head. The cowl material feels so tremendous clean to the contact and I really like rubbing my arms and face throughout it. Plus, figuring out that it’s hypoallergenic makes me really feel completely free to rise up shut and private with this pillow.
Nevertheless, the extra I pressed my face into the Layla pillow, the extra I observed it had a little bit of an odor. The people at Layla do warn clients that the pillows may need a little bit of a “new memory foam smell” to them, and I undoubtedly skilled a little bit of that. It’s necessary to notice, although, that the odor is non-poisonous and will dissipate inside a couple of days.
Mendacity on the pillow, I felt very comforted by the sensation of the fill. The mix of shredded reminiscence foam and Kapok provides it this silky, fluffy, moldable high quality that I like to press into. It’s thick and has some strong weight (about ten kilos) nevertheless it additionally conforms so nicely to my physique. So, once I push into it I can really feel instant strain aid. It does have a lofty construct at 5 inches, so I figured I’d bounce proper into the lateral place to see how the pillow’s peak helps my posture once I’m aspect sleeping.
Positive sufficient, the lofty, plushly supportive profile of the Layla pillow served to maintain my head and backbone in impartial alignment and my posture felt very wholesome. Urgent into it, I might really feel the reminiscence foam conform to my head and neck, providing me that good sink into the pillow. On the similar time, the Kapok provided a softer, fluffy high quality that made me really feel like my head was being gently cradled. I used to be even capable of scoop one arm beneath (it’s a consolation factor) with out propping the loft as much as be too excessive. Frankly, it was arduous to get out of the lateral place as a result of I felt so relaxed.
However I mustered the power to roll over onto my abdomen to see how that felt. Sadly, the lofty help and thick construct threw me proper out of my joyful place and right into a slightly uncomfortable posture. Once you’re sleeping in your abdomen, it’s greatest to have a softer, flatter pillow that’s a bit extra simply compressed in order that your head isn’t elevated in an uncomfortable means. Sadly, I discovered the Layla pillow to be just a bit too voluptuous for the susceptible place.
If the Layla pillow have been adjustable, I feel it might work nicely for each sleeping place. As a result of there isn’t a strategy to attain in and modify the fill, although, it does have the potential to be too lofty. Making an attempt to get snug within the susceptible place was inconceivable for me, regardless of how arduous I attempted to smoosh the fill down.
So, I shortly moved onto my again lest I keep in that craned place for too lengthy and get a crick in my neck, and all was proper with the world once more. That lush, gel-infused reminiscence foam handled my neck and shoulders so proper, and I might really feel that my backbone was fortunately again in alignment. The cowl material itself remained fairly cool by way of all my rolling round and I by no means felt just like the fill was trapping my physique’s warmth both.
Finally, I might say this pillow is nicely suited to again and aspect sleepers (particularly aspect sleepers). Its lofty-thick construct is, for my part, actually ultimate for sinking into and offering even strain aid on your head, neck, and shoulders.
BETWEEN-THE-LEGS & UNDER-THE-ARM
I knew this is able to even be the sort of pillow I like for in-between-the-leg and underneath-the-arm help, so I used the usual Layla in between my legs and I hugged the king measurement near my chest. Like I stated, they’re each made out of the identical supplies, and every one felt fairly nice for each of those sleep types.
The thick density of the Layla pillow served very properly to provide my hips some supportive alignment and relieve some strain in my decrease again. It’s ten kilos, so the load of my leg solely gently sunk into the fabric quite than all the best way to the underside, and it was only a very comforting feeling. Similar goes for the hugger; the thick plushness of the Layla pillow virtually gave it a physique pillow really feel, and it was nice for squeezing.
LAYLA PILLOW COMPLAINTS
Everyone is totally different, so there are some things about this pillow which may not be suitable with each sleeper.
- Not Adjustable — The Layla pillow is generously full of a mix of reminiscence foam and Kapok. So, it’s lofty and dense, however sadly there isn’t any method to regulate the fill. As a result of the pillow doesn’t have a zipper, sleepers are unable to succeed in in and take away/manipulate the fill in any approach, so that you type of need to be suitable with the loft and help precisely because it comes.
- Tall & Lofty — The Layla pillow is 5 inches tall, and the fill is sort of resilient. So, this pillow is fairly lofty and is designed to remain that means over time. In the event you’re a abdomen sleeper or somebody who prefers a flatter, extra compressible pillow, it’s in all probability a good suggestion to reap the benefits of Layla’s trial interval earlier than committing.
- Non-Detachable Cowl — So, there isn’t any zipper of any type on the Layla pillow which is good within the sense that you simply don’t have any dangling plastic to cope with, nevertheless it additionally prohibits sleepers from with the ability to wash the duvet individually.
SHOULD I TRY THE LAYLA PILLOW?
There’s so much to love concerning the Layla pillow, however this huge, cozy sleep accent is perhaps particularly beloved by sleepers who:
- Have Allergic reactions — The Kapok contained in the Layla pillow is 100% pure and pesticide-free. And, as I discussed earlier, the reminiscence foam is CertiPur-US® Licensed which is one other method of claiming it’s completely hypoallergenic!
- Are Vegan — Kapok fibers have a light-weight, ethereal high quality that always function a down-various. However don’t fear, no geese have been harmed within the making of the Layla pillow!
- Sleep Scorching — The Copper fibers which are woven into the pillow’s cowl assist to attract warmth away out of your physique. So for those who’re vulnerable to heating up in the course of the night time, relaxation assured, the Layla pillow is working to maintain you cool.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
- Free Delivery — The Layla pillow ships without spending a dime to the decrease 48 states. For those who reside in Hawaii or Alaska, delivery prices a flat payment of $20. It may be shipped to Canada for a flat payment of $40.
- Made within the USA
- 120 Night time Trial — Layla provides a really beneficiant trial interval of 120 nights. For those who don’t adore it, ship it on again for a full refund (together with the worth of delivery!).
- Wash Directions — The Layla pillow’s cowl just isn’t detachable. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to spot clear the pillow with a light non-poisonous cleaner. For those who want, you can too wash it in chilly water and tumble dry with no warmth… however you have to ensure that the pillow dries completely or you possibly can have a mildew drawback in your arms!
- 5 Yr Guarantee — The guarantee covers materials or workmanship defects reminiscent of defective stitching, seams coming undone from pure put on, the flattening or altering of the form of the pillow, or the fading of colours of the Layla Pillow cowl.
- Pricing — The Normal measurement is $74, the King measurement is $94
Click on right here to go over to Layla!
Sarah is a journalist, storyteller, and comedian who has been passionately doing all three for nearly a decade. Earlier than working at Sleepopolis, she was seasoned in toddler sleep coaching, dream interpretation, and a private exploration of cat-naps. Since becoming a member of the staff, she’s found that the world of sleep is huge, and most significantly, very important to wellness. So, she makes use of her expertise to uncover every little thing there’s to find out about it! And the extra she is aware of, the extra she shares.